A few quick updates for a Friday afternoon…
mX, a free Australian newspaper, ran a feature on HATER this week. Click here to download a copy.
An interview I did with www.scyla.com in Spain is now online (in English and Spanish!) here. (An update to this update… another Spanish interview with www.fantasymundo.com is now online here in English and Spanish.)
And finally, Herbst: Läuterung (the German language version of Autumn: Purification) is attracting some great reviews like this one from www.roterdorn.de.
Have a great weekend (an extra long one if you’re in the UK!). Maybe I’ll bump into some of you at Sci-Fi-London on Sunday.
(By the way, the ‘The Men They Couldn’t Hang’ competition is now closed. Winners will be announced next week.)
The team at Renegade want you to see the Autumn movie, and so do I. I know they’re as frustrated as anyone that the film’s not yet been released, and they’re working hard behind the scenes to get it onto cinema and TV screens.
Over at the movie’s official blog, they’re asking for your input. If you’re in the UK or Canada, please head over to their site at autumnthemovie.blogspot.com and answer their questions. Alternatively, you can email your views to: autumninfo (at) renegademotionpictures.com.
Thanks in advance for your patience and input.
Before I start… no, I don’t yet have any re-release dates for the books and no, I don’t know when the movie’s coming out. Sorry about that. Just so you know, as far as the books are concerned, I’m currently talking release dates with the US and UK publishers. And as for the film, I know that the team at Renegade wish you could see it tomorrow! As soon as I have any news I’ll post it here and update the site’s FAQ page.
On 19th April, Steven Rumbelow (Director of the Autumn movie) and Dickon Tolson (who plays Carl) will be answering questions about the film on Nocturnal Frequency Radio. Click here for details of the show. The show’s host, Steve Genier, is a great guy who recorded a huge amount of behind-the-scenes footage during the production of the movie. I know that news has been sparse recently (the filmmakers and I share your frustration) so this should be a great opportunity to learn more about the film.
In other news, I’m really pleased to announce that the German language edition of Autumn: Purification – Herbst: Läuterung is now available from Otherworldverlag. Click the cover below for more information (and check the FAQ page if you can’t understand why the German editions are out but you can’t get the books in English!):
Welcome back to www.djmoody.co.uk! I’ve been off-line for several months and it’s good to be back. Hopefully this new blog/website will mean I’m able to post more news with more speed and get your feedback just as quickly! The old version of the site was pretty inflexible and was becoming too cumbersome (both to maintain and to use). This is all new to me, so please let me know if you come across any problems…
Lots has happened in the last 12 months, most of which has already been documented in one way or another. But by means of a quick catch-up…
- HATER is being re-published in 2009. The UK and US editions will be released in February with Canada, Australia, France, Germany, Italy, Romania, Spain, Brazil, Russia and Poland to follow in the coming months.
- The AUTUMN series will also be republished shortly. More details will be posted here as soon as they’re available.
- INFECTED BOOKS is no more. I’ve closed down the business in order to concentrate on writing.
- The HATER movie is in pre-production. The film is being directed by Juan Antonio Bayona (The Orphanage) and produced by Guillermo del Toro (Hellboy I & II, Pan’s Labyrinth, The Hobbit) and Mark Johnson (The Chronicles of Narnia movies).
- The AUTUMN movie (starring Dexter Fletcher and David Carradine) has been completed and has a distributor. Click here for the trailer. More information will be available soon when the AUTUMN website is relaunched.
Please join the forum, add your name to the mailing list (see the sidebar) or subscribe to my RSS feed (see the foot of this page) to be advised whenever this site is updated.